The SEGS Group is proud to announce the first public release of the Super Entity Game Server version 0.4.2
SEGS is an MMO server emulator, allowing you to host a Private ir or public server. Currently focus in on the City if Heroes MMORPG.
A lot of work went into bringing this out to the community. We know many thought this effort was stalled or even dead. In the last few months new life has been breathed into it, and we would like to present you with what we hope is the start of being able to allow fans of the games we love, the ability to play.
Please consider contributing to our success by reporting bugs on our github: https://github.com/Segs/
Questions? Stop by our forum: https://segs.nemerle.eu/forumz
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/segscode
And now, what you've been waiting for...
Download binary here .. https://github.com/Segs/Segs/releases/tag/v0.4.2
Source code here (ZIP) .. https://github.com/Segs/Segs/archive/v0.4.2.zip
Source code here too (tar.gz) .. https://github.com/Segs/Segs/archive/v0.4.2.tar.gz
- loads of broxen's code , including, but not limited to (chat, slashcommands, entity orientation, etc)
- minimal LUA support
- more tooling
- AuthExerciser - a testing utility, implementing client authorization
- some preliminary work on client patching.
- many new slash commands
- Improved Player Entity database storage serialization
- Entity state updated to reflect player orientation
- Client does not update database automatically, but can be done manually. See issue #271 #271
- Server LoginRequest should /0 terminate strings. See issue #227 #227
- Description and BattleCry do not display properly in the ID window (profile page). See Issue #191 #191
- Info box does not display all information (description). See issue #192 #192
- What still doesn't work (not bugs per say, but unimplemented features)
- Animations are not implemented. The server is unaware of animation state, and thus other clients will not see animation changes (I can't see anyone else "run" or "fly")
- Entity movement is still wonky, with rubberbanding. Need to implement entity interpolation. See issue #94 #94
- Server has no sense of map geometry, so no collision detection, or gravity, etc. This is being worked on by Nemerle, and can be followed at issue #81 #81
- GUI, Options and Keybinds are not saved to database. This will happen in my next big pull request (est. March 25th)
- Powers are not implemented
- Buffs are not yet implemented
- Inspirations are not yet implemented
- Contacts, NPCs, and mobiles are not yet implemented
The executables in this release were built in ReleaseWithDebugInformation mode, so are a little bit fluffy